Almond milk is incredibly healthy and helpful. It contains no cholesterol and is abundant in vitamins and microelements that are, so liquified, easily accessible to our body.
The milk of almonds is an exceptional alternative to cow’s milk, given that it does not include cholesterol, and consists of 20% protein. Vitamin E in almond milk is in greater amounts than in spinach, which gives magnesium.
In addition, this milk gives phosphorus, which is very needed for teeth and bones. It has four times more calcium than cow’s milk, 370 mg of calcium per 100 grams of the product! Do not forget potassium, zinc, copper, iron, group B vitamins and manganese.
Why should you drink almond milk?
- Medical professionals suggest it for faster and safe healing of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum.
- Almond milk promotes the secretion of bile and gall bladder emptying.
- Stimulates the function of the intestinal tracts and is used in cases of constipation and persistent colitis. It has simple laxative effect.
- The consumption of a cup of almond milk will prevent diseases of the gastrointestinal system
- Almond milk works in colds, asthma, sleeping disorders, impotence, anemia.
- It is an outstanding source of energy, supports brain activity and strengthens memory.
- Moderate levels of vitamin A in the milk strengthen the vision and influencethe capability of the eye to adjust to different light conditions.
- A glass of almond milk contains 50% of the recommended day-to-day consumption of vitamin E– an anti-oxidant that reduces the growth of totally free radicals, which are most likely to trigger cancer.
- It is abundant in B vitamins (riboflavin) and iron, which are essential for growth and healthy functioning of muscular tissue.
- Almond milk does not contain lactose, so that you can drink it freely without worry of gastrointestinal disorders.
- It has couple of calories (1 cup contains only 40 calories), does not consist of hydrogenated fat, which makes it really helpful for individuals attempting to drop weight.
- Given that it includes flavonoids, almond milk helps in reducing cholesterol and safeguards the heart.
- Pure almond milk offers healthy skin and hair.
The preparation of the almond milk is not hard. This can be done by every housewife who has a blender or juicer in the cooking area.
To prepare the almond milk will need:
- — mixer or juicer
- — 1 cup raw almonds, which you will find in natural food stores
- — 3-4 glasses of water; strainer
Soak the almonds in water overnight. In the early morning, spill the water. In the bowl of almonds put tidy (preferably bottled or filtered) water, 3-4 cups.
Afterwards, mix in a mixer (2-3 minutes). Strain the milk through a strainer and pour it into glass bottles.
Its shelf life in the fridge is 2-3 days. You can sweeten your glass of almond milk with a little honey or you can include cinnamon, cocoa or vanilla, to taste.
Do not throw away the pulp which stayed after straining.You can prepare a marzipan cake, crackers with it, you can add it in the muesli, or dry it out and get the almond flour. The pulp can be utilized to make exceptional moisturizing face mask, if you add a little cream and honey to it.
On clean skin, apply the mask and leave it for 10-15 minutes, then wash with water or clean with a napkin. Your skin will thank you.
So, as you can see, the benefits of almond milk are indispensable, due to the fact that it consists of a lot of nutrients, which are essential for preserving the health and vitality of the body.
View this video: