ALERT- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ON CONTAMINATED CHEESES
Sargento Foods Inc. has actually provided a recall of 7 kinds of cheese due to a prospective contamination of listeria monocyte genes. The business says no health problems have actually been reported yet.
Listeriosis is a major infection normally brought on by consuming food infected with the germs Listeria monocytogenes.
An approximated 1,600 individuals get listeriosis each year, and about 260 dies.
The infection is probably to sicken pregnant females and their babies, grown-ups aged 65 or older, and individuals with weakened body immune systems.
February 11, 2017— Sargento Foods Inc. is carefully keeping an eye on and collecting info triggered by the Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC Longhorn Colby cheese recall. The provider, based in Middlebury, Ind., informed Sargento Foods Inc. that a specialized Longhorn Colby cheese it provided to Sargento should be remembered due to a possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. There are no verified diseases.
Thier valued customers have actually been calling them with their concerns and issues. They will continue to react to their customers and trigger compensations. Please call 1-800-CHEESES (1-800-243-3737) or email them by means of the “Contact United States” page on Sargento.com.The call will be responded to from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Main Time); e-mails ought to get a reaction within 24 Hr.
The remembered retail items are:
– Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Offer By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”.
– Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Offer By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17”.
From an abundance of care, Sargento likewise remembered the following items due to the fact that they were packaged on the very same line as the impacted cheese:.
– Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Offer By” date of “11JUN17B”.
– Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Offer By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”.
– Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Offer By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “F28JUN17”.
– Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Offer By” date of “F05JUL17”.
– Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Offer By” date of “F05JUL17”.
The remembered cheeses were packaged at Plymouth, Wis. center. No other Sargento branded items have actually been impacted by this recall.
Sargento is devoted to food security and the quality and stability of their items. The security of their customers and their workers is their leading concern at Sargento and at the very heart of all, they do.
– UPC: 4610000228, 4610040041, 4610000109, 4610000108, 4610040002, 4610040014, 4610040076.
– Date Code: 12APR17B, 10MAY17B, H14JUN17, H12JUL17, 11JUN17B, 09JUL17B, 10JUL17B, H14JUN17, F28JUN17, F05JUL17.
– Size: 6.84 oz., 8 oz., 12 oz.
– Item Name: Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese.